Internship opportunity for the spring semester at the Austin based Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services in the Communications department. The position is a mix or writing, design, and social media marketing.
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Intern is responsible for project management and helping the communications team with writing, design, social media marketing, updating the agency’s two websites.
· Update website using WordPress content management system
· Write blog posts and newsletter articles
· Assist with agency’s social media marketing initiatives
· Track effectiveness of social media marketing campaigns using Google Analytics
· Optimizing images and files for website with Photoshop
· Designing flyers and other marketing materials
· Assist with special events and in-house mailings
· Perform other duties as assigned
This position is based at PCHAS’ administrative office in Austin, TX. Use office equipment including computers, copiers/scanners, printers, etc. Must have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff throughout the agency.
Job Requirements and Skills:
A strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, accuracy, follow-through, timeliness, consistency, and attention to detail are essential. Experience with WordPress content management system, Google Analytics, graphic design software such as InDesign and Photoshop, is preferred. Experience with social media marketing is desirable, but not essential. Because the Communications Intern will conduct interviews with donors and staff, he/she must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for This Position:
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter, writing sample, design samples (or a link to online portfolio) to Margaret Barry, Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 512.476.1234 (extension 18).
Presbyterian Children’s ℠
Homes and Services
of Texas and Louisiana